Corvallis is Latin for “heart of the valley” and it is just that. First Christian of Corvallis is a church in the heart of the city, with a heart for the city.
We are a diverse, inclusive community providing a living witness to the compassionate Christ. From our central location in the heart of Corvallis, we seek out, develop and support ministries to meet the human needs for physical and spiritual wholeness. On the basis of our Disciple heritage, we embrace the ecumenical movement, develop lay leadership and promote intellectual freedom in the pursuit of truth.
- Join us at 10:00 a.m. for Sunday worship service.
- • Nursery care is provided
- • Children come to worship with their families and leave for Sunday school after the Children’s moment
- • Everyone is welcome!
- Adult Education Opportunities
- • Sunday morning study at 9:00 a.m.
- • Bible study on Wednesday mornings at 10:00 a.m.
- • Other groups that get together for the pleasure of it
First Christian serves as a community center for many. As part of our mission to serve the community we are in, we are host to 12-step groups, a daytime drop in center, a free HIV/AIDS testing center and a community meal program. We have partnered with Pastoral Counseling Center to provide accessible, affordable counseling on the third floor of our building. Our vision is to be a place of hope, healing and support for the entire community of Corvallis. We estimate an average of 1000 – 1500 people find hope, encouragement and love every week in this space.