A diverse community dedicated to serving others
We are a coed, community-oriented home. Located in a beautiful Victorian house across from Central Park and the Corvallis Arts Center, Disciples House is only a few minutes walk from downtown Corvallis and the Oregon State University campus.
Disciples House is owned and operated by First Christian Church with the mission of providing affordable housing to students and young professionals who are interested in giving back to the community. We are a secular organization that is committed to encouraging diversity; Disciples House is welcoming to people of all races, religions, nationalities, classes, and sexual and gender identities.
Our house is made up of nine bedrooms and five bathrooms. Residents share our fully furnished common areas, which includes living rooms, kitchen, dining room, and two laundry rooms that are free to use. Monthly rent payments cover: gas, electricity, water, trash, and access to high speed wireless Internet. Disciples House also provides residents with paper products, eco-friendly cleaning supplies, and a shared computer/printer.
Disciples House offers rooms for rent at the following rates:
- Large Room (≈320sqft) $475 per month
- Medium Room (≈280sqft) $445 per month
- Small Room (≈220sqft) $425 per month
- Basement Room (≈180sqft) $365 per month
We are currently accepting applications for the 2015-2016 school year with flexible move-in dates. We have no rooms immediately available. We are currently considering back-up applicants for a room to open soon (either basement or large).
To apply, please fill out an application and review the contract and resident agreements. Please submit your completed application as an email attachment. (Links to be posted soon as applications open.)
Owner: First Christian Church, 602 SW Madison Ave. Corvallis, OR
Business Phone (Church Office): 541-753-2671
The Dr. George Farra house is a two and one-half story, wood frame house constructed in 1903. This building has a bell cast gable roof with dormers and cross gables on the east and west elevations on the third floor. The building has two very large brick chimneys. The windows are mostly one-over-one, double hung sash set in simple surrounds. A large veranda extends along the north (front) elevation and part way on the east and west elevations. The exterior of the building is shingle. The structure is presently used for apartments.
George Farra, M.D., settled in Corvallis in 1877 with Anna Hamilton, whom he married on February 9, 1873. He was the son of John R. and Martha J. Farra and was born September 13, 1843 in Woodford County, Kentucky. Farra studied medicine with Dr. W.P. Moore and in 1875 enrolled in the University of Louisville from which he graduated in 1877. Farra became an investor in the Corvallis Water Company, the Corvallis and Eastern Railroad, and the Willamette Land and Loan Association.
The Farra House has been owned and operated as Disciples House by the First Christian Church since 1994.